This course is considered to be the baseline for a career in fitness. It allows graduates to obtain REPs accreditation at Level 2 and work as a gym instructor in UK and foreign gyms chains.
You’ll learn how to give instructions and supervise safe and effective exercise sessions, as well as how to create and plan basic fitness programs.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
- Health Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
- Principles of Exercise Fitness and Health
- Know how to Support Clients who take part in Exercise and Physical Activity
- Planning Gym-Based Exercise
- Instructing Gym-Based Exercise
You may take the examination without having any prior education. You must be at least 16 years old, be in good health and have basic reading, writing, and mathematical abilities.
The course takes 9 days to complete and includes examinations. Although this certificate is not commonly taken as a stand-alone credential, we do offer it as a solo course for those interested in obtaining the Gym Instructor certification and working only as a Gym Instructor before enrolling in a Level 3 Personal Training program at a later date.
- 9am to 4.30pm – Monday to Friday.
- Course is delivered Full Time
- 2 x Multiple Choice Theory Papers
- Course Worksheets
- Exercise Programme Design
- Practical Examination
- Session Evaluation Assessment
Graduates with the Level 2 Personal Trainer Qualification will be able to continue their education toward the Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualification, as well as gain entry to a variety of CPD courses and progression paths to other group exercise instructor certifications such as Exercise to Music (ETM).